For most Canadians, buying a home is the largest investment they will ever make. A real estate lawyer is an expert who can help you with these 8 key steps. Windsor real estate lawyer John Corrent has over 40 years experience assisting local residents with the buying, selling, and mortgaging of real estate.
For most Canadians, buying a home is the largest investment they will ever make. A real estate lawyer is an expert who can help you with the following eight key steps:
- Reviews and explains the legal documents and the steps of the closing process and answers any of your questions.
- Investigates the property ownership history and completes other important searches to make sure you are getting what is expected.
- Discusses legal problems with the property, like a neighbor’s building or fence crossing the property line and provide solutions for them.
- Ensures the previous owners debts against the property are dealt with before the closing.
- If you tell your lawyer of your plans your lawyer can advise you on zoning restrictions.
- Safeguards your interests in all the dealings with the seller’s lawyer.
- Completes the work related to your mortgage to ensure the funds will be in place for the closing.
- Officially transfers the ownership of the property, also known as title of the property to you.
Your real estate lawyer takes care of your interests.